We offer prenatal classes to all of our clients giving birth for the first time. We also accommodate other clients/or individuals who request the classes when possible.
Our classes are taught by midwives, and are held at the Toronto Birth Centre at 525 Dundas St.East. They include an optional Birth Centre Tour, and a free prenatal yoga class. They run on a dedicated weeknight, over a 4 week period, from 7-9p.m. The cost of the classes are $180, however no clients will be turned away due to lack of funds.
We currently have several spots available in our fall-winter series. If you are interested in registering for a class please email Heather at email@example.com
The class covers the following topics from a midwifery perspective:
• Anatomy of the Pregnant Body
• Labour Support Measures
• Labour Video: “Relaxation, Rhythm and Ritual” by Penny Simkin
• Benefits and Risks of Home Birth and Hospital Birth
• Change of Birth Plans/Technology
• Labour Support Role Play
• Postpartum Period: Newborn Care and Behaviour
• Guest Parents: Discussing their experience and Q&A session
• Postpartum Period