We offer midwife led prenatal classes on weeknights at the Toronto Birth Center. Our spots in these classes are offered primarily to our clients giving birth for the first time. When space allows we open them up to others as well, either as a refresher course or to non-clients of MCT.
We have spots available in a few of our upcoming classes: Mondays June 13 – July 4, Thursdays June 23 – July 21, Mondays July 11 – August 8.
Our classes cover and include:
- Anatomy of the Pregnant Body
- Labour Support Measures
- Labour Video: “Relaxation, Rhythm and Ritual” by Penny Simkin
- Benefits and Risks of Home Birth, Birth Centre Birth, Hospital Birth
- Change of Birth Plans/Technology
- Labour Support Role Play
- Postpartum Period: Newborn Care and Behaviour
- Guest Parents: Discussing their experience and Q&A session
- Postpartum Period
- An optional tour of the Toronto Birth Centre and a free prenatal yoga class
The classes are for those that are pregnant and one labour support person. The cost of the classes are $180 (sliding scale for clients). The time of the classes is 7-9p.m.
Please send questions or requests to register to Heather at email@example.com